It is a pleasure to have Iris as a visiting scientist from Capital Medical University, Beijing where she is an Assistant Professor. She is working on many projects in our laboratory, including impace of ibuprofen in ApoE4 versus ApoE3 and effects of Alzheimer's transgenes on resolution of chronic inflammation. She is also working on impact of the major metabolite of curcumin which is tetrahydrocurcumin (TC). TC has different effects than Curcumin in that it doesn't have the diketone moiety that makes it strongly bind to the beta pleated sheet but it has several additional properties that are likely to play a role when you take curcumin in your diet. She also played an important role in the human tau transgenic studies.
Visiting Scientist, Dept. of Neurobiology, UCLA
Visiting Scientist, Geriatric Research and Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, Greater Los Angeles Veterans Affairs Healthcare System
Assistant Res. Professor, Principal Investigator (PI), Department of Neurobiology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing
07/2002-09/2002 Ph.D, Dept. of Neurology, training in Neurobiology, Capital MedicaUniversity, Beijing, China
07/1996-07/1999 M.Sc., Dept. of Cell biology, training in Cell biology, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
09/1987-07/1990 Basic Medical Research, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
2/11/13 Xiaohong Zuo, PH.D.
07/2003-present Assistant Res. Professor, Department of Neurobiology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing
07/2007- present Principal Investigator, Department of Neurobiology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing
07/1999-07/2003 Junior researcher, Department of Neurobiology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing
07/1990-08/1996 Research associate, Department of Cell Biology, Xuanwu Hospital of Capital Medical University, Beijing
? 23nd Biennial Congress of the International Society for Neurochemistry travel award, Greece 2011
? 22nd Biennial Congress of the International Society for Neurochemistry travel award, Korea 2009
? 7th Biennial Meeting of the Asia Pacific Society for Neurochemistry travel award, Singapore 2006
RESEARCH GRANTS RECEIVED
? Beijing Municipal Natural Science Foundation 01/2012-12/2014
Grant Title: A novel early PD model with lewy pathology induced by human a-synuclein over-expression in olfactory bulb
Grant number: 7122035 (RMB 50,000/pr) PI: Xiaohong Zuo
? National Natural Science Foundation of China 01/2007-12/2007
Grant Title: a novel PD model induced by human a-synuclein over-expression and low dose MPTP treatment
Grant number: 30771064 (RMB 80,000/pr) PI: Xiaohong Zuo
1. Zuo Xiaohong, Ji Zhijuan, Ai Houxi, et al. Effect of APP 17-mer Peptide on some proteins related to insulin and apoptosis signal transduction pathways in the hippocampus of diabetic rat brain. Chinese Journal of Diabetes. 2002, 10(2): 85-88.
2. Zuo Xiaohong,Yu Shun, Yu Shun, Zhou Ming, et al. Effect of the overexpression of α-Synuclein on the expression of tyrosine hydroxylase in dopaminergic cell line. ACTA ANATOMICA SINICA. 2003, 34(4): 357-362.
3.Zuo Xiaohong , Li Yaohua, et al. Inhibition of tyrosine hydroxylase in α-synuclein gene-transfected dopaminergic neuronal cells. Neuroscience Letters. 2003, 367: 34-39.
4. Zuo Xiaohong,Cai Yanning, , Chen biao, Cai yanning, et al. Circadian rhythm of striate dopamine in mice. Chinese Journal of Clinical Rehabilitation. 2005, 9(13): 36-38
5. Zuo Xiaohong, Liu Shu, Xie Shu, Wen Mei, Chen Biao. Expression profiling of
Per1 gene in mouse striatum detected using Real Time RT-PCR. Chinese Journal of Capital University of Medical Science. 2006, 27(1): 63-66.
6.Zuo Xiaohong, Li Ning, Cai Yanning, Chen Biao, Cai Yanning, Wu Yanchuan, Liu Shu, Xie Shu, Wen Mei. Effect of MPTP on the circadian oscillation of striatal dopamine release in C57BL/ 6J. Chinese Journal of Capital University of Medical Science. 2006, 27(1): 66-69.
7. Zuo Xiaohong,, Xu Shengli, Chen Biao. Suprachiasmatic nucleus slices induce molecular oscillations in fibroblasts. Neurochemical Research. 2008, 377(4): 1401-1409.
8. Zuo Xiaohong,Cai Yanning, Yu Shun, Liu Shu, Chen Biao. Effect of MPTP on the mPerl mRNA Expression in the Brain of C57BL/6J. Chinese Journal of Capital Medical University. 2009, 30(1): 76-79.
9. Zuo Xiaohong, Cai Yanning, Li Ning, Yu Shun, Chen Biao. Establishment of a novel Co-culture model of suprachiasmatic nucleus slices and NIH/3T3 cells in a serum-free condition. Chinese Journal of Capital Medical University. 2009, 30(5): 601-606.
10. Zuo Xiaohong, Cai Yanning, Li Ning, Yu Shun, Chen Biao. Postnatal ontogenesis of molecular clock genes in mouse striatum. Chinese Journal of Behavior Medical and Brain Science. 2009, 18(5): 385-387.
11. Zuo Xiaohong, Cai Yanning, Li Ning, Yu Shun, Chen Biao. Suprachiasmatic nucleus slices of mouse induce molecular oscillations in NIH/3T3 cell line. Chinese Journal of Behavior Medical and Brain Science, 2010, 19(1): 15-17.
12. Zuo Xiaohong, Liu Shu, Lin Qingling, Li Ning, Chan Piu, Cai Yanning Circadian E-boxes and surrounding CpG islands are free from methylation throughout the day. Biological Rhythm Research, 2012, 43(2):159-165.
13. Ma Qiulan, Zuo Xiaohong, Yang Fusheng, Ubeda QJ, Gant D, Alaverdyn M, Teng E,Hu S, Chen PP, Maiti P, Teter B, Cole GM and Frautschy SA. Curcumin suppresses soluble tau oligomers and corrects molecular chaperone, synaptic and behavioral deficits in aged human tau transgenic mice