Jayeeta worked with our Alzheimer's Research program from 2012. She worked for us for a short time helping with curcumin measurement and cell culture, but she is very much missed and a pleasure to work with. She received her Masters Philosophy at Jadavpur University in Environmental Science. She received her Masters of Science in Human Physioogy with Community Health and Bachelors of Science in Physiology at Vidyasagar University in 2007 and 2005 respectively .
- Staff research associate-I: Dept. of Neurology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA and Veteran Administration Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90073, Jan2012-Oct 2012.
- Voluntary researcher: Dept. of Rheumatology, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA, July2011-Dec 2011.
- Research Scholar: Dept. of Physiology, University of Calcutta July 2010- Jan 2011
- M. Phil Project: "Analysis of some bio-aerosol in indoor air"
- MSc project: "Effect of electrolytic lesion of septum on some immune responses in male rats"
- University Gold Medal 2007
- INSPIRE Fellowship: Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of India 2011 (Not accepted)
Maiti P, Manna J, Hickey MA, Teng E, Chesselet MF, Cole GM, and Frautschy SA. Curcumin corrects deficits in molecular chaperones, their co-chaperones and client proteins in CAG140 knock-in, TauTg mice and 3xTg APPsw transgenic rat. 42nd annual Conference, Society for Neuroscience, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, 2012
- Cell culture: Cell line culture, maintenance, harvesting
- Molecular biology: Western blot, RNA isolation, RT-PCR
- Immunocytochemistry: Cryosectioning, immunohistochemistry
- Neuroanatomy: Rat and mouse brain anatomy, stereotaxic technique, cannula implantation in specific brain regions and microinjection, lessoning of brain region by aspiration method
- Behavioral studies: Force swim test, locomotors activity (open field test)
- Histology: Haematoxylin-Eosin staining, Leishman staining, Nissle staining, Golgi staining, PAS staining, Sudan IV staining, Gram staining, Malachite green staining
- Instrumentation: Spectrophotometer, ultracentrifuge, compound light microscopy, rotary microtome, Neubauer hemocytometer, autoclave, high volume sampler, FACS, HPLC
- Biochemistry: General biochemical estimation (Carbohydrate, protein, fat, urea, liver function test etc.), Cytotoxicity assay (MTT).
- Electrophysiology: Recording of electro cortico gram (ECoG) by BIOPAC system
- Animal handling: Rat and mice
- Microbiology: Media preparation, plate culture, slant culture
- Computer knowledge: PC (MS word, Ms Office, Power point, Excel)
Tenth Annual Southern California Learning and Memory Symposium: UCLA Brain Research Institute Integrative Centre for Learning & Memory, UCLA, 2011.
4th Neurology Annual Science Day, UCLA, Jan 2012.
6th Annual Neural Microcircuits Training Program Symposium: Dynamics of Neural Microcircuits, UCLA, May 2012.
- Part time lecturer, Dept. of Physiology, Panskura Banamali College, Midnapur, West Bengal (4 months)
- Full Time contractual lecturer, Dept. of Physiology, Ananda Chandra College, Jalpaiguri West Bengal