Ping Ping is the second most senior staff in our laboratory, having worked here is 1994. She is indispensible to our group, known for her meticulousness in histology, immunohistochemistry and surgery and also for organizing potlucks and parties, and hosting Chinese scholars on excursions to Death Valley and other American Landmarks. She has more than seven publications.
- Curcumin suppresses soluble tau dimers and corrects molecular chaperone, synaptic, and behavioral deficits in aged human tau transgenic mice. Ma QL, Zuo X, Yang F, Ubeda OJ, Gant DJ, Alaverdyan M, Teng E, Hu S, Chen PP, Maiti P, Teter B, Cole GM, Frautschy SA. J Biol Chem. 2013 Feb 8;288(6):4056-65. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M112.393751.
- [F-18]FDDNP microPET imaging correlates with brain Aβ burden in a transgenic rat model of Alzheimer disease: effects of aging, in vivo blockade, and anti-Aβ antibody treatment. Teng E, Kepe V, Frautschy SA, Liu J, Satyamurthy N, Yang F, Chen PP, Cole GB, Jones MR, Huang SC, Flood DG, Trusko SP, Small GW, Cole GM, Barrio JR. Neurobiol Dis. 2011 Sep;43(3):565-75. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2011.05.003. Epub 2011 May 13. PMID: 21605674 [
- Beta-amyloid oligomers induce phosphorylation of tau and inactivation of insulin receptor substrate via c-Jun N-terminal kinase signaling: suppression by omega-3 fatty acids and curcumin. Ma QL, Yang F, Rosario ER, Ubeda OJ, Beech W, Gant DJ, Chen PP, Hudspeth B, Chen C, Zhao Y, Vinters HV, Frautschy SA, Cole GM. J Neurosci. 2009 Jul 15;29(28):9078-89. doi: 10.1523/JNEUROSCI.1071-09.2009. PMID: 19605645
- GSK3 inhibitors show benefits in an Alzheimer's disease (AD) model of neurodegeneration but adverse effects in control animals. Hu S, Begum AN, Jones MR, Oh MS, Beech WK, Beech BH, Yang F, Chen P, Ubeda OJ, Kim PC, Davies P, Ma Q, Cole GM, Frautschy SA. Neurobiol Dis. 2009 Feb;33(2):193-206. doi: 10.1016/j.nbd.2008.10.007. Epub 2008 Nov 5. PMID: 19038340
- Curcumin inhibits formation of amyloid beta oligomers and fibrils, binds plaques, and reduces amyloid in vivo. Yang F, Lim GP, Begum AN, Ubeda OJ, Simmons MR, Ambegaokar SS, Chen PP, Kayed R, Glabe CG, Frautschy SA, Cole GM. J Biol Chem. 2005 Feb 18;280(7):5892-901. Epub 2004 Dec 7. PMID: 15590663
- Ibuprofen suppresses plaque pathology and inflammation in a mouse model for Alzheimer's disease. Lim GP, Yang F, Chu T, Chen P, Beech W, Teter B, Tran T, Ubeda O, Ashe KH, Frautschy SA, Cole GM. J Neurosci. 2000 Aug 1;20(15):5709-14. PMID: 10908610 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
- Plaque-associated alpha-synuclein (NACP) pathology in aged transgenic mice expressing amyloid precursor protein. Yang F, Uéda K, Chen P, Ashe KH, Cole GM. Brain Res. 2000 Jan 24;853(2):381-3. PMID: 10640638 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Related citations